My name is Ekaterina [name has been changed for security reasons, BYSOL Foundation has all supporting documents]. I am a mom of 2 children. They are currently 9 and 12 years old.
My story began in 2020, when I was detained at a Sunday march and tried under the people's administrative article 23.34 (violation of the order of organizing or holding mass events). I served 24 hours in a temporary detention center and paid a large fine.
But that didn't stop me, and I became a volunteer.
In 2023, when I was carrying a handover to a political prisoner, I was detained. As there was nothing to charge me with, I was convicted again for Sunday march in 2020 under criminal article 342 part 1 (organization and preparation of actions that grossly violate public order, or active participation in them).
I spent several months in the pre-trial detention center, and then I was given 2 years of home chemistry (a type of punishment when a convicted person remains at liberty, but with restrictions). It became impossible to live under constant supervision and I made a decision to leave for Poland.
Now we are in a foreign country. We need to draw up documents, look for a job, send our children to school. There is winter ahead and complete uncertainty. We are starting life from scratch.
I helped people when I was a volunteer, but now I myself and my children need your help and support. And I know that when I get back on my feet, I will continue to help people, because the good done always comes back.
Long live Belarus and Glory to Ukraine!
How much is needed?
- Apartment and utilities for 2 months + deposit — €2100.
- To collect two children for school (stationery, change of clothes and shoes, briefcases, etc.) — €350.
- Travel passes 3 pieces (no discount for children) — €70
- Meals in the canteen for children — €90
- Textbooks and printouts for the eldest — €60
- Household items (frying pan, pot, kettle, crockery set) — €100
- Bedding for three (blankets, pillows, sheets, linen sets) — €150
- Detergents (toilet, bath, dishwashing, cleaning cloths, air freshener, washing powder, conditioner) — €80
- Hygiene products (shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, soap) — €60
- Warm clothes for 3 people — €400
- Food (cereals, flour, oil, vinegar, baking soda, spices, vegetables, frozen food, canned food, tea, dairy, meat) — €250
- Dental treatment (my youngest has a toothache) — €70.
- Medical commission for employment — €90
- Medical examination for the eldest daughter (she plays handball, has achievements. She was accepted in Warsaw to the handball club Agrikola) — €65.
- Translation of documents into Polish — €75