How does it work?
The BYSOL foundation was a response of Belarusian society to violence and lawlessness that engulfed our country in August 2020. Back then we focused on helping people who lost their jobs or had to leave the country for political reasons.
WHAT HAS BEEN DONE
So far, the Foundation paid 1.95 million euros to people who were fired for political reasons. We transferred 742.5 thousand euros to the strike committees and 186.9 thousand euros to those who were forced to relocate. The Foundation has also created a system of money transfers, impenetrable to the illegitimate authorities. All attempts to intercept funds and cyberattacks against the fund failed, causing the regime to go mad with rage.
WHAT DO WE DO NOW
Today BYSOL supports the initiatives that help the Belarusians who were repressed or otherwise suffered from the regime. We assist the foundations of medical, athletic, and cultural solidarity. We send money to the strike committees, expelled students, and families of the political prisoners. We help people who were fired for political reasons to retrain and get new jobs. The Foundation also supports courtyard communities and other local initiatives that unite Belarusians in their fight against the lawlessness.
WHO WORKS FOR THE FOUNDATION AND WHERE DOES IT GET THE MONEY
The Foundation is transparent: BYSOL regularly publishes the income/expenditure reports on their official website and in social networks. The fund is staffed by well-known businessmen, human rights advocates, activists and volunteers: Andrei Stryzhak, Yaroslav Likhachevsky, Alexei Kuzmenkov — 30 people in total. Over 50 thousand people donated to the Foundation. They are Belarusian locals and expats, as well as caring people from all over the world, who help create a new free and democratic Belarus.
The core activities of BYSOL are:
- Helpingpeople fired for political reasons: retraining and assistance in finding a new job;
- FInancial support for strike committees and development of the workers’ movement;
- Providing financial, methodological, and expert assistance to the institutional and professional initiatives (for doctors, athletes, etc.);
- Helping courtyard initiatives (demonstrations, masterclasses, tea parties, etc.);
- Financial support for the political prisoners and their families;
- International criminal jurisdiction;
- Joint projects with diasporas;
- Emergency evacuation for the people under criminal prosecution;
- Digital Solidarity app (together with Golos and BY_help).